*** Warning ***
Sensitive situations
Violence; Nudity;
Hard R Rating
Please do not read if you are easily
disturbed.
(All characters, places and events
reside solely in my imagination.)
The Song of Gaál
…....... Five ….......
Cassava is undoubtedly
the favourite pet of the Mistress of Castle Sotete. At almost nine
years old, he has been in the service of the Mistress for three full
years.
He cannot recall his village and has no memory of a mother, a father, siblings. The nights of music stopped long ago, after the musician, Kisertet, expressed his distaste with Malika's actions. Cassava sees Kisertet at times within the castle, and sometimes their eyes meet, though Cassava quickly looks away from the intensity in Kisertet's face, his cheeks turned to hot flame.
Levente Tolvaj, even with an addled, irrational mind, is aware of Malika's infatuation with the dark haired boy and it infuriates him. Levente ensures he has plenty of opportunity to slap the face he despises. Unlike Malika, Levente does not need a wrong doing to justify the punishment. Cassava's existence is enough. Levente grows increasingly weary of seeing the boy in Malika's bedchamber nightly. He demands access to her bed more and more frequently. During one such visit, Levente stays the night.
Cassava, shivering with
fright and cold, lay curled tightly within his bedding below the
window in Mistress' chamber. He wrapped his arms close to his chest,
covering his ears with his hands in a failed attempt to block the
sounds dropping down from the bed. He did not realise
he slept until he was shocked awake by searing, blinding pain in his
groin, a deep gravely voice bellowing into his ear and spittle
hitting his face.
Frozen in fear, a cry caught in his throat, Cassava shook with horror as Master pulled him up roughly from the floor. Levente ripped Cassava's pant from him, exposing the flesh to the cold room and displaying the softening erection. The boy stood in the predawn gloom, his head lowered in shame, his hair fallen about his face, hiding the burning red that scorched his cheeks.
Levente demands that
Cassava be moved to the cellars immediately. He was no longer a boy
and Levente refuses to allow Cassava in the same bed as Malika from
this day forward.
Cassava's bed in the
cellar is nothing more than a pile of discarded quilts. He comes to
cherish the time alone and sighs relief when he hears Mistress pull the
wood deadbolt through its channels and move away from the door.
With one candle for light
and no windows, Cassava finds himself in the dark more often than
not. He listens to the sounds of the castle around him and believes
he can hear more now than ever before. In his attempts to forget the
activities of the day, he turns to remembering the musician's fingers
on the harp, hearing the soft, deep voice telling tales of sirens,
great Kings and hard battles.
With his eyes closed to
the dark room, he sees the tall man, Kisertet, sitting with a lute,
caressing the strings to delightful melody, until Kisertet's eyes
meet Cassava's and Cassava opens his eyes to the darkness of his
room, banishing the memory. Kisertet's stormy, blue eyes always
reflected a gleam that peered into Cassava's soul and Cassava feared
the man would see the wickedness deep inside of him.
The thought of
Kisertet's eyes filled with hatred toward him upset Cassava
immensely. Within his heart, Cassava longed to see Kisertet again,
to hear the songs again, to watch the music unfold on Kisertet's
face. Cassava would dig his
nails into his arms until he had four points of blood and the pain
broke his thoughts to stop his useless wishes and longings.
***** ***** *****
While standing near
Malika for credence while she dined, Cassava listened as Levente
discussed his plans to travel to Ejszaka, a land to the east of
Castle Sotete.
Malika's foul mood worsened when Levente informed her
that she would travel with him and her pet, he said with a snarling
glance at Cassava, would stay at Sotete. Malika argued animatedly
and was quieted by a steely look from Levente. “It is decided and
it is final!” Levente roared as he slid the chair back and stormed
from the dining hall.
Malika turned to Kisertet
who sat impassively, eating his dinner. “You will stay.” She
stated, receiving a raised brow from Kisertet. “You must stay
here, Kisertet. 'Sava must be watched,” her hard eyes turned to
Cassava, “he is a mischievous villain and cannot be left alone with
no guardian other than Jaszef.” she continued, looking at Kisertet
again.
“Jaszef is a fine
guardian. The boy can learn to ride while ...”
“No!” Malika
bellowed, cutting off Kisertet's words and half rising from her seat.
Kisertet pursed his lips and templed his hands to his mouth,
watching as Malika settled back in her chair. “No,” she said in
a calmer voice. “Jaszef is just a stable man, and too soft with
the boy Malek. Cassava needs a strong hand to keep him obedient.
You must stay, Kisertet. There simply is no other option.”









Does she keep him because she can't have children and this fact makes them both mean and bitter? They treat poor Cassava worse than anything but she continues to keep him around. Levente searched for a dark haired boy for the purpose of giving him to Malika all for what? Hopefully Cassava will be able to escape while they are gone. Maybe Kisertet has a heart and will take him away from that terrible place.
ReplyDeleteAll in time.... Thank you for reading :)
DeleteI'm always on the edge of my seat whenever I read your chapters, I never know what to expect from Malika and Levente. I think this is the perfect chance for Cassave to make his escape while the mistress is away. I wonder if Kisertet will help him.
ReplyDeleteI love the names of your characters BTW, they are very unusual and I think they go well with the story.
That is quite a compliment. (smiling!) I am glad people didn't say, oh yuck, from the beginning. I thought I was walking dangerous grounds. heh.
DeleteThanks about the names too. I like them. I chose Hungarian names because they are beautiful and can be delicate or strong, depending on the personality. Cassava's name kept coming to me, I don't think it really exists.
I found that while the name Cassava is just my imagination, cassava is actually a plant that is grown for food in some tropical countries. It's a tuber and it actually is pretty. Maybe it is sort of a meaningful name. This is what I found - "The roots and leaves of poorly processed cassava plants contain a substance that, when eaten, can trigger the production of cyanide." hmmm... beautiful and deadly.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletehmmm i did not delete my reply, now blogger don't like me, way to go google=b.
ReplyDeleteI hate the way Levente and Malika make Cassava feel like he is bad and unworthy of anything. Maybe while they are gone Kisertet will help him out. At least he has a little time to himself now....edenz~
Sorry that it ate your comment.
DeleteThanks for reading my story :)
Hopefully Cassava will have a break while they are gone and perhaps even get to escape. Will be interesting to see how Kisertet handles things. I can't wait to see what happens next :)
ReplyDelete^_^ .. next will come pretty soon... thank you :)
DeleteThe poor, poor baby! I feel so bad for him!
ReplyDeleteAll of them treat him so cruelly! Maybe while Malika is gone, Kisertet will realize that Cassava is not evil like Malika wants him to think he is. I hope that Cassava gets a little happiness while she is gone!
I want so bad to talk about them, but I don't want to give everything away. What a quandary for me. Thank you for your interest :)
DeleteI was in total shock at what happened to Cassava. Poor thing, and to be embarrassed like that. O_O Levente took that way too far.
ReplyDeleteGreat story BTW.
Levente being a guy and all too, he has to be daft to think 'that' doesn't happen, even to little boys. Thanks so much for reading, I really appreciate it :)
Delete~ I feel so sad for this poor boy,I think while they are away he will find life to be worth living,with Kisertet showing him the beauty in life,but how will he ever go back to their cruelty when they return, I hope he finds a way to escape before their return,so he never has to find out!
ReplyDelete~ Love the edge of the seat story,MORE when you can!(",)
One good thing, he got to wear real clothes for dinner :)
DeleteThanks so much for reading. I am glad to keep your interest.
I am looking forward to seeing how Kisertet will treat Cassava now. Malika has a very odd relationship with Cassava though...like a very very cruel mother.
ReplyDeleteI hope I keep up the story so that it doesn't become mundane.
DeleteThanks so much for reading :)
Malika is just weird and let's not even talk about Levente, he makes my skin crawl. I said it before, poor Cassava.
ReplyDeleteI too am looking forward to see how Kisertet will be with Cassava.
Very interesting Story.
I agree. Levente stands around staring at everyone (in game) when I am in that household. He's a weird one.
DeleteThank you :)
And thank you for reading.
What is wrong with these people? I feel so bad for Cassava. I hope someone rescues him from this messed up world.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading :)
DeleteI wonder how the brother really is. Why do I have the feeling he is not normal either. I am glad Malika is leaving for awhile. To bad he isn't what older, maybe he could run away.
ReplyDeleteGreat chapter Zhip, going to the next.
Kisertet....normal? hmmm... maybe :)
DeleteThank you :)
Finally! Cassava will get some peace!
ReplyDelete^_^
DeleteI'm wondering if being left with Kisertet will be a better or worse fate for Cassava...
ReplyDeleteSo sorry, so late in response.
DeleteThanks for reading :)
wow, Cassava desperately needs the peace that Malika and Levente leaving might actually bring.
ReplyDelete*nodnod* :)
Delete