Sensitive situations
Violence; Nudity;
Hard R Rating
Please do not read if you are easily
disturbed.
(All characters, places and events
reside solely in my imagination.)
*****
The Song of Gaál
…....... Two ….......
Malika Katarina Tolvaj,
the Mistress of Castle Sotete, adored her boy. She was enamoured with
Cassava's olive coloured skin and dark, dark eyes, so unlike Levente. She doted on the boy and kept him near her always.
Cassava had
little interaction with the household of the castle. He rarely saw
the other children and remained with Malika from dawn to dawn, each
and every day, not allowed his own space or bed. Only when Levente
visited her chambers would Cassava be allowed to rest on the bench in
the anteroom, but he was told to stay there, never to leave the small
room just outside Malika's chambers.
Malika smothered
Cassava's body in lotions and creams, pinching and prodding with her
long, thin fingers as often as she desired. When she pinched a bit
too strongly or rubbed a bit too vigorously, she quickly apologised
to her boy with a smile. While Malika's smile was said to be angelic
and innocent, bringing peace to the room, for Cassava, Malika's smile
forced bile to climb in his throat where it burned and made his eyes
water. The smile she wore when she bade him wash her in the bath
forged ice at the bottom of his gut. The smile she wore when she
bathed Cassava left his mind numb with despair. Cassava learned
quickly to obey Mistress' commands, or suffer the punishment.
As a five year old, a six
year old, a seven year old, Cassava obeyed. During the three years,
Malika's hold on him relaxed slightly, allowing him time to visit the
stable, sit in the kitchen to supper with the castle staff, or sit
alone to read a book. Levente glowered at Cassava whenever he saw him. Although there was a modicum of freedom, Cassava was not
allowed, ever, to leave the castle grounds.
In Cassava's eighth year, marking his third year at the castle, his life changed. Cassava found a scrawny cat huddled on the stoop outside the scullery. With the cat under his shirt and his arms wrapped around himself to contain and hide the cat, he stole downstairs to the cellars.
Cassava knew of the storage area in the cellar and that Master and Mistress did not venture to the room. The room was full of dust covered trunks, broken pottery and cobwebs, he doubted anyone remembered the room was there. Cassava piled rags to create a warm place for the cat to stay. He supplied it with water to drink and scraps to eat and he assured it that it could have as many mice as it could catch. Cassava would steal away from Mistress at times and visit the cat, petting and hugging his feline friend and letting the cat chase his fingertips along the floor.
During one of his trips to the cellar room, Cassava found the kitchen girl, Beata, peeking into the room where the cat stayed. Cassava walked silently closer to Beata. Once he reached her and could stretch out a hand to touch her, he asked in a low voice what she was doing. Having not heard Cassava's approach, Beata squealed and spun around, looking at Cassava with wide, frightened eyes. Cassava placed his hand over Beata's mouth, motioning her quiet with his other hand.
He listened raptly for three heartbeats... four....five... and hearing no sounds other than Beata's rapid breaths and the cat shuffling on the bed of rags, Cassava repeated his question. The shy little blonde girl told him in a whisper that she was sent on an errand by Ursula, the housemaid, to bring back bedding for a guest. With her blue eyes twinkling and her cheeks flushed, Beata told Cassava that she heard mewling and discovered the cat behind the closed door.
Beata quickly promised to keep the cat a secret between herself and Cassava. In the following weeks, Cassava encounters Beata in the cellar when he can leave Malika's side. They talk quietly when they meet and share their laps with the cat.
Beata quickly promised to keep the cat a secret between herself and Cassava. In the following weeks, Cassava encounters Beata in the cellar when he can leave Malika's side. They talk quietly when they meet and share their laps with the cat.







~ His life sounds sad,I wonder why they needed that particular child!?
ReplyDelete~ Loving it more,I am very intrigued!(",)
It is rather sad. Poor little guy.
DeleteI am glad it has your curiosity.
I'm rusty on the stories, although I write all of the time.
Malika's intentions with Cassava seem a little 'off'. She keeps him like a pet and her husband is on the creepy side. I see the friendship that is forming with Beata being a problem later if Malika finds out.
ReplyDeleteMalika's actions are very off to us and also in the world where they live.
DeleteLevente is a bit off himself. heh ... thank you for reading, I really appreciate it.
hmm she makes him bathe her and she bathes him, doesn't sound quite 'natural', very creepy to be honest. I would hate to have a guess, although he picked the boy out, Levente doesn't seem to like him not one bit!
ReplyDeleteI do hope he and Beata are careful not to get caught, sounds like they would both get punished horribly if they were=/.
looking forward to more=)...edenz~
Thanks for reading, edenz :)
DeleteMalika is creepy! She makes my skin crawl with the way she treats Cassava!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that he has the cat, and now Beata as a friend. Although, I don't think that Malika will like their friendship! She seems to want Cassava to herself!
Good update, Zhippidy! This story is very different!
Thank you :)
DeleteAwww poor Cassava! I am glad though that he found a couple of friends.
ReplyDeleteI wonder about the cat, is it something magical and will rescue Cassava!!
Love it, more please!!
^_^ thank you for reading
DeleteGorgeous pictures and writing. Gorgeous everything. I told you we need something different in the community and you delivered in spades. I'm looking forward to more.
ReplyDeleteThank you :) I always worry about the pictures, are they too big, are they too dark, is there enough detail, do I need more? *LOL* I take so many I think I could tell the story in just images. Almost. ^_^
DeleteLooks like Cassava have found two new friends in this very dark place. It's always good to have some friends! Although I can't help but thinking this is not going to end well.
ReplyDeleteFriends are great to have. Thank you for reading :)
DeleteSuch a sad life for those first three years. I'm so happy he is making a couple secret friends. Hopefully he doesn't get found out and punished.
ReplyDeleteWe are stronger from the obstacles we overcome, yes?
DeleteMy gramma always said so. :)
Thank you for reading, I appreciate it.
I'm glad he made a friend, or two. That should maybe help him a little having to deal with his Mistress. She's freaking me out the care she places on him. It's all a bit um...creepy. Is she milking his skin so she can wear it or something **shudder**
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine the heartache and grief that would come his way if anyone finds out about his pet or the fact that he's interacting with someone. Levente is very curious too. I know what he did was out of love but I mean...
I love the dark vibe this story gives off. The settings add to the effect very well! Great job on that :)
Wear his skin... I shudder at that thought too.
DeleteI really like the castle. I built a few until I got it how I felt it should be. I am glad it is working well... Thanks so much for reading :)
She seems just as crazy as her husband. It good that he found a new friend and a pet.
ReplyDeleteHe really needs some warmth in his young live. Poor kid.
I know :(
DeletePoor Cassava, he got the crazy lady. At least he has a friend now.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading :)
DeleteWow, I was thoroughly creeped out by Malika and the way bathes and lotions poor Cassava. I mean, she's one scary, crazy lady.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad he's made a friend and taken in the kitty, but I'm afraid that's going to be trouble for him in the future if Levente or Malika find out...
She is creepy, isn't she? She even looks.. off.
DeleteThanks again for reading :)
Cassava but sought him out for Malika's preferences. Bathing, lathering, watching him while he sleeps in the years that have passed all reads crazy to me. Cassava and Beata caring for the cat was really heartwarming in a place like this. I do fear what punishment is like in this castle though. =/
ReplyDeleteIt is disturbing to us, anyone really.
DeleteI hope you enjoy the story though :)
oh thank goodness he has a couple friends now...
ReplyDelete^_^ Thanks for reading
DeletePoor Cassava, it doesn't sound like he's headed for a fun life at the hands of Malika. He's made two friends now--the cat, and Beata--but something tells me Malika won't stand for it when she finds out.
ReplyDeleteMalika's quite the selfish lady... or merely quite unstable in the mind.
DeleteThank you for reading on and for your comments :)